Rhode Island Moslem Grotto
By: Robert Lyle, Prophet Monarch
Moslem Grotto is the playground of Freemasonry in Rhode Island. We value our Masonic obligations but we also have fun. We encourage our ladies to attend our meetings. They are welcome for the meeting meal and the camaraderie after the regular Grotto Meeting, which is always short. We always start our meetings nights with an "attitude-adjustment" period followed by some very fine dining, a short meeting and collation.
The slogan of a member of the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (known simply as Grotto) is; Much Sympathy and Good Fellowship. We the members of Moslem Grotto have been expressing our sympathy this year through our charitable works. We have volunteered at the Woonsocket Autumn Fest with the CHIP program, we also donated close to 100 pairs of new socks to Chapel Street Congregational Church, UCC Sock Drive for the homeless, as well as donating over 1000 toothbrushes to the Pawtucket Backpackers, which assists families in need in the Pawtucket school system. We also support our Humanitarian Foundation which oversees a Dental Program for special needs children. This is done by the purchase of “Enchanted Lanterns” which we can wear on our Fez.
These are some of the many activities and rewards of being a Moslem Grotto member:
- An open sesame for fun and a fuller life for the whole family, including enjoyment of beautiful ceremonials, installations, family picnics, pilgrimages to near and far places.
- The opportunity to meet with your fellow Prophets, many of whom are professional, business, and civic leaders and to make lasting friendships.
- Being a Grotto member enables you the opportunity of sharing in our great humanitarian project of Dental Care for Children with special needs.
- Every Master Mason, is eligible to become a member of the Grotto and can join in the humanitarian work which the Grotto is so fervently sponsoring.
- The right to wear the Grotto Fez and Grotto Pin, identifying yourself as a member of the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm, also known as the Grottos of North America, the greatest fraternal order a Master Mason can join. Thousands of Prophets are proud to wear the Black Fez and Mokanna pin!
- A welcome to visit any of the Grottoes throughout the United States and Canada.
Prophets have reached the zenith of attainment when they have learned to express their principles of Masonry as "doing good for others."