Petition a lodge
All you need to do is Ask.
If you would like to request an application to petition a lodge for membership, first read the notes below then click any of the links to fill in and submit the application form.
You must be able to meet the following requirements to start your journey in Freemasonry:
•Be a man, 18+ years of age.
•Believe in a Supreme Being.
•Live an ethical and moral life.
•Have a strong interest in the Fraternity and desire to participate in its charities and its activities.
We believe that men are first made Masons in their hearts, then they ask to join our Fraternity. Freemasonry will take these men — good men in their communities — and help them become better men.
Each man brings something different into the Fraternity, as different as the types of men that become Masons. But each shares a common core of beliefs and of dreams; each believes that, in a small way, by their actions they help make their world, their communities, and themselves better.
We have 24 Lodges in Rhode Island, and they meet monthly. There are meetings taking place every day of the week and many areas of the State have more than one lodge you could join. Below is a table showing when the Lodges meet and what town they are in. Lodges usually serve their local communities but if you have a preference the table may help you choose.
Once we receive your request a Lodge will contact you, send you a petition application. You must fill out this application and return it. A committee from the lodge will meet with you. Your application will be voted upon. If you receive a favorable ballot, you will be notified when the degrees will begin. You and other candidates must learn a portion of what will be taking place during your degrees.
- Daylight Lodge No.48 - Cranston (Lodge meets during the day)
- Jenks Lodge No.24 - Pawtucket
- Redwood Lodge No.35 - East Providence
- Rising Sun Lodge No.30 - East Providence
- St. John's Lodge No.1 Newport - Portsmouth
- Adelphoi Lodge No.33 - Riverside
- Franklin Lodge No.20 - Westerly
- Harmony Lodge No.9 - Cranston
- St. Paul's Lodge No.14 - Middletown
- Hope Lodge No.25 - Wakefield
- Lafayette Lodge No.47 - Cumberland
- St. Alban's Lodge No.6 - Bristol
- St. Johns Lodge No.1 (Providence) - Cranston
- Washington Lodge No.3 - Warren
- Charity Lodge No.23 - Charlestown
- Morning Star Lodge No.13 - Woonsocket
- Mt. Vernon Lodge No.4 - North Kingstown
- Overseas Lodge No.40 - Pawtucket (Military Service / Veterans Only)
- St. Andrews Lodge No.39 - Riverside
- Friendship Lodge No.7 - Chepachet
- Ionic Lodge No.28 - Coventry
- Roger Williams Lodge No.32 - East Providence